Monday, May 6, 2013

Scrappy Trip Along Quilt

I saw this quilt all over Instagram and all the cute quilting blogs that I follow - and it looked challenging, yet doable for me.....so I gave it a shot.  I love that I could make a few blocks, walk away from it for a few days and then get right back into it without a struggle for directions.  You can find the tutorial here.
I decided to use scraps from all the Bonnie & Camille fabric I have in my stash - so that included:  Ruby, Bliss, Vintage Modern, and Marmalade.



{see my SWOON block on the wall??}









I quilted each little block with an orange peel.  Wow that got tiring after several hundred!  Bonus is that I can now do that pattern freehand IN. MY. SLEEP.  :)




Casey, Liam and Tommy were anxious to check out the snuggly factor on this one :)  I think the smiles speak for themselves :)


I backed it with white puckered minky....


More shots of the quilting......cause to be honest, that's my favorite part!


I love quilting :)

2 comments:

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Your quilt turned out so great! Love it! Love your quilting too!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

This quilt is beyond gorgeous!! I love Trip Around the World but haven't done one, yet!

Post a Comment

 
© Tiffany Quilts