Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Getting back to the stitch

I learned to sew in 7th grade home-economics at Red Hills Middle School....that was over 25 years ago.  I LOVED it!  I spent the entire summer following that school year sewing pillowcases, skirts, stuffed animals from kits and doll clothes.  The next summer was full of more of the same - sewing, sewing, sewing.  Then something happened - I have no idea what - and I just stopped.  My parents gave me a sewing machine for graduation and I had that little Kenmore machine in every closet of every place I've lived since - completely unused.  If there was a market for vintage Kenmore machines in pristine condition, then I would have made some money on it!  Instead, I was bit by the sewing bug again about a year and a half ago and determined to break out my old (new) machine -- seeing what I could do with it
.
Sewing on that thing was super unenjoyable.  Super uninspiring.  And super frustrating.

Sewing on my Bernina is like a dream come true.

Since getting back into sewing I have really taken to piecing quilts and in particular to the quilting of quilts. This blog is about the projects I'm working on and how they are working on me.  I feel like getting back into sewing happened at just the right time in my life and satisfied the desire I've been having for awhile to CREATE - I'm finding a part of my childhood again and the joy it has brought is AWESOME!


{My sewing spot}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Tiffany Quilts