Saturday, August 25, 2012

Panel Quilting


 I just finished taking an awesome class on Craftsy - Machine Quilting Negative Space.  As part of the class, I quilted my first "official" quilt.  I love how it turned out.  It's not a very large quilt - but it showcases some of the designs I learned in the class and that are quickly becoming by favorites!  I think I will bind this little quilt and hang it somewhere in my sewing room - or the house.  It's one of those quilts that you just want to touch when you see it because the texture is so yummy and inviting.

 There is different quilting in each of the panels.  I think my favorites are the pebbles, large circles and the flower design.


{My swirls are getting better!}



Something I wasn't prepared for was how good I felt after I took the quilt off the frame and saw it in it's entirety.   When you're quilting on the frame, you only see patches of the quilt at a time and you don't get to take it all in.  After taking it off, I thought "Wow - how beautiful!  I created this and it's lovely!"  I'm SO digging this new adventure!  I seriously can't wait for the next quilt!  :) 


 {Yup - that's a Red Bull on the table}

I love quilting!  :)

1 comments:

ray said...

Hi Tiff, How Beautiful. You are so talented. I can't wait to see some of these creations in person. You are a great mother and wife. Love Dad

Post a Comment

 
© Tiffany Quilts