Saturday, August 25, 2012

Super Hero Tension

I think I learned a big lesson this week about long-arm quilting.  How long does it take to check your thread tension??  Not nearly as long as it takes to pick out a whole bunch of messed up stitches because the tension was WRONG.  Ugggh.  The above is a picture of the back of Casey's Super Hero quilt.  Luckily I climbed under the machine and checked the stitch after only quilting about the equivalent of 2 12 inch blocks.  Not so fun picking out those stitches.

After that little fiasco, thing went much smoother.  I did some fun stitching inside the 9 patches and mostly stipple and pebble everywhere else.  It's great to have this quilt done.  I picked out the fabric with Casey almost a year ago.  Lucky me, he still likes super man, bat man, and spider man.

I guess it was a success, because Casey wanted to wrap up in it even before I did the binding.  Love that kid.  Overall, I'm super happy with how it turned out.
I love quilting :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Tiffany Quilts